Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a difference a year makes

Back on January 7, 2008, I challenged myself to knit some socks.
After taking a class from Nancy at CommonThreads and many false starts and many months of not finishing them, because they were so much fun to make, I finally bound them off and here they are.


I chose to make them toe up, on two circular needles, both feet at the same time. In retrospect I probably wouldn't do them that way again, though I did like the toe up so I could continually try them on. I still could've made them a bit longer, but with my usual impatience I just wanted to wear them, so stopped short.
I loved the colors of the yarn so much, but they're a bit heavy, so not sure I'll ever actually wear them with shoes. I am proud of myself though; I learned a lot, which is always a good thing.

I urge any of you who are even remotely thinking of knitting to take yourself to Common Threads in Encinitas and revel in all the glorious yarns. I'd be happy to teach you whatever you need to know to get started. Knitting is the best!

No comments: