Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snoopy



Growing up in the 1950's, we didn't have the plethora of stuffed animals that children have now. Snoopy is actually the first one I remember getting, and one of the few that graced my undecorated bedroom. I'm not sure how or when Snoopy recently surfaced, but he's been sitting in a pile waiting to be discarded. His resewn neck has a gaping hole, his nose is nearly scratched off and his left ear is hanging by a thread. So why am I having such a hard time parting with him???? I actually got him as far as the wastebasket this morning, but the thought of going all the way to the trash is more than I can bear. I actually think maybe he should adorn my bathroom trash for a while. No, no that's silly! What shall I do with Snoopy?
I put a little poll on the side just to see what you think. I can't guarantee I'll follow your advice, but I am curious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must SAVE SNOOPY!!

Mend him...a little stitch here and a little stitch there and he will be as good as new - no, he won't be like new, but he will proudly show the signs of being hugged and well loved for many years.

Snoopy was always my favorite cartoon character (and still is!) and I refuse to part with any of my collection - much of which is still at my childhood home, safe and sound in my old bedroom.

I will gladly adopt him if you still feel so inclined to part with him (but I hope you don't as I can tell by your blog that you are still in love with him).

Save Snoopy.

cynthia

Davielle (aka, Princess Magpie) said...

patch him up - like a mixed media stuffed animal - that's what I say! but then, he looks pretty darn cute adorning your trash can, too. DON'T TOSS HIM. he's too precious. not to mention the whole CCI/Charles Schulz connection. :-)