Saturday, October 6, 2007

what a difference a day makes



What a joy on Thursday afternoon to participate in the blessing of the animals at St. James for the feast of St. Francis. I especially love reuniting with Tricky and Crista, two beautiful pups!
How miserable to wake up the next morning, expecting to download the pictures of the day before, and find that laptop, camera, cell phone and ipods have all been stolen. I realize how very attached I've become to my stuff, so, to put it in perspective, I know that it is only stuff. Today I'm starting to process all that is gone, letters, all the cookbook recipes from friends, CCI docs, numerous pictures, but what does it really represent? It's just time to make a new beginning and know that all that's in the past contributed to my learning and growth and here's to a new beginning.
The very happy news that ended my very bad day is that we will be welcoming one of Breezey's beautiful pups on Nov. 28th! Also that Val was calling with good news and that Jelena's still in for today.

No comments: