Monday, May 10, 2010

Look what I've been missing!

I've been so busy lately, doing who knows what, and seldom take time to read my favorite blogs.

I also am behind in reading favorite magazines, some of which I actually purposefully put off reading because I like them so much and I don't want to not have one available in case of emergency.

So I grabbed one in the wings, this morning as I headed into the gym. I didn't think I could read while on the bike, but I can.
The one I grabbed was the March April issue of ClothPaperScissors


There were so many articles that required too much attention, even tearing out of the magazine, so I headed to the back to read
Loretta Benedetto Marvel's column, an Artist's Journey, where I knew I'd find humor, and affirmation.
Not only did I find those pleasures, I also had an aha moment. I know why I like her so much. She's a perfect Erma Bombeck.
For those of you youngun's Erma was the epitome of motherhood to me. She wrote about being a mother/housewife with such honesty and humor.
Loretta does the same,only with the added perspective of being an artist/attorney.

Her article in this issue focuses on the quantity of materials a mixed media artist much collect and trying to explain same to her husband. It's really a treasure!
If you don't have the magazine at least you can check in on her blog pomegranatesandpaper to savor her down to earthness.

1 comment:

Davielle (aka, Princess Magpie) said...

this is strange - I swear I commented on this blog post already. hmmm? do you have any for moderation still? let me know. :-) Davi