Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The land of the lost

why is it I spend so much of my time looking for lost things???

I had counted and recounted 24 coffee sleeves, but when I went to deliver them there were 23.
Not in my car, not at home, not at Rita's where I stopped...
Such a mystery.

Today it's my sweet little black hello kitty sewing kit, which contains one of the few remaining pin cushions knit by my mother and my grandmother's gold thimble. I used it Monday to finish afore mentioned sleeves and didn't take it anywhere, but it's vanished.

I don't care so much about the sleeve, but I do care about my little black case.
Guess I'll put it in St. Anthony's hands.




Dear St. Anthony, I pray
Bring it back, without delay.

St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost 
And can't be found 

1 comment:

Davielle (aka, Princess Magpie) said...

we tend to lose things like that ... in our cars, or in our driveway or garage. :-) or they just plain ol' disappear, and mysteriously reappear - sometimes after years of being MIA. it's wild, isn't it?! are you sure Miz America isn't gnawing on your pretties ???