Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie and Julia

I loved seeing Julie and Julia. Meryl Streep was extraordinary as Julia, I think almost more Julia than Julia.
This Nightline clip, Channeling Julia Child, gives a glimpse into the real Julia, the real Julie, and the screen Julia and Julie.

Channeling Julia Child 
warning: there's one part near the end that spoiled my image of Julie; wish I didn't know that part.

I was also fascinated by the lovestory between Julia and her husband, Paul.
Here's a picture of the two of them:













Here's a link to Julie Powell's current blog:
juliepowell


Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Davielle (aka, Princess Magpie) said...

when this book first came out, I read it. i didn't even know what a blog WAS back then! but as an "intro" to the work of Julia Child, as experienced by one Julie of blogland, I was totally drawn in to the whole JULIA thing. I ended up reading MY LIFE IN FRANCE, and I have a set of JULIA dvd's that I can't wait to settle in to watch. But first, I'm taking myself out ASAP to see ... this flick! thanks, Ann, for your post. :-) bon appetit to you, too! -- Davi