Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Robe




Look - Texas cowboys!



Thirty two years ago when I was preparing for Katie's birth, my dad offered to buy me a robe to take to the hospital with me.
I have no clue what I was doing shopping for a robe at Saks Fifth Avenue, but I found the perfect one! Patchworky - totally me, with kid prints here and there, even Holly Hobbie. Big sigh - it was $40 and dad said that was way too expensive for a robe. Fortunately at the time he was dating a lovely woman named Ann who understood how much I missed my mom and easily persuaded him that I NEEDED that robe. She was right - I did need it and it served me well through all three hospital deliveries and many years after. I still cherish it for the memories, however, it's time to pass it along to Katie for her hospital visit. I've added a few more mementos,
a ribbon from her wedding doused with St. Ann's oil from my mom in the pocket, a shell from Joanne and Tracy in the other pocket and an angel zipper pull contributed by Sherry and tied on with special embroidery thread from Janet. Along with the robe comes so much love from so many special people.

No comments: