Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mama Breezey and pups plus a sweet tribute

Here are the pups.
I think ours will be Wyanne (Cork), up in the right hand corner.
Hope she can transfer that mother love to her new mom - me!






Here's a description of a graduation from a first-timer, Finnegan's mom, Suzanne:

What can I say about the graduation? I knew at
least in my mind what it was all about-- dogs
being placed with children and adults (or as I
found out in facilities) after being raised by
selfless volunteers then carefully trained by the
dedicated staff of CCI. But my heart had no clue
what true miracles are created by CCI and all the
people that make up this wonderful organization.
The depth of emotion in that room, seeing
people's lives change before my eyes-- well, I
never could have imagined it or how moved I would
be.

The speeches given by a chosen member of each
class were especially powerful, but the image
that will stay in my mind is of a boy who has
what I assume is AS or autism, whose entire body
changed when his new service dog was brought up
on stage by his puppy raisers and the leash put
into his hand. What seemed blank and withdrawn to
observers like me filled with life and feeling
once connected with that dog. Right before our
eyes we could see that this boy's life would be
forever changed, for the better!

So when I had to say farewell to Pearl's 9
adorable pups a little while later, I was
comforted by the hope that on me day one or more
of these pups might also change a person's life
like I had just witnessed. I know that whatever
happens to them, lives WILL be changed, just as
my two beloved golden retrievers have enriched
our lives. When that day comes, all other
accomplishments of my own or my dogs will pale in
comparison.

No comments: