Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Signature recipes

What fun to have lunch and connect with someone I haven't spent time with since I taught her boys several years ago, Cathy F. I wish her so well in her new venture of personal training and I was so relieved she didn't make me feel bad at all!

When I came home I added a new goal to my http://www.joesgoals.com/, not having dessert, which I've been doing lots lately, but it's nice to see it written. I also added doing something green, I returned the Staples bag, little I know, but something.



So when I thought about not having dessert I did think I should add my signature recipes to this new venture of mine, just in case anyone wants to know, so here goes.



Deakers Chocolate Angel Cake
This comes from Ann’s mother and is a must for birthdays in our house!
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
2 T sugar
3 eggs, separated
1 pint whipping cream
1 angel food cake, store bought is fine
Melt chocolate chips with sugar (I do in microwave).
Beat egg yolks and stir into chocolate mixture, cool 5 minutes.
Beat egg whites until stiff; whip cream; fold egg whites and whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
Break angel food cake into bite-sized pieces; sprinkle a layer in the bottom of a buttered 8x12 pan or 8inch round spring form mold, using half the cake.
Cover with the chocolate mixture. Dot this with the remaining cake pieces; top with the rest of the chocolate mixture.
Chill over night.


"Share the Recipe Coffee Cake""1 pkg. Yellow cake mix1 pkg. Instant vanilla pudding¾ c. oil ¾ c. water1 tsp. Melted butter1 tsp. VanillaBeat the above together. Then add4 eggs one at a time. Beat 6-8 min.Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan. Then swirl in ½ c. sugar, 1 tsp. Cinnamon And ½ c. ground walnuts (optional) (Really swirl through cake until you can’t see it.)Bake 350 for 40-50 min.Topping (Brush on top of warm cake3 T. milk½ tsp. Vanilla1 T. melted butter1 cup powdered sugar

2 comments:

Jane LaFazio said...

Oh that cake recipe is one from my childhood! My best friend's mom used to make it and called it "Heavenly Cake" which it certainly was. I still have the recipe, all wrinkled and stained from YEARS of use. What a lovely memory!

Unknown said...

used this today! thankful to have it on here! went to the store today and forgot the recipe so i used my phone! for jim's birthday tomorrow... xoxo