Tuesday, September 25, 2007

the end of the season

I always get sad around the end of baseball season and am losing faith that the pads will make the play-offs, but I'm still such a believer in Buddy Black and am so happy that he's done so well in his first season as manager. He deserves every success that comes his way!
Here's an interesting thought from Roger Angell, a baseball writer, talking about how nostalgic baseball can make us:
"I think it may be because we all came to the game through our fathers and at a time when we were children and everything in the world seemed good. But the quality of most experience is not confined to when we were young. Tomorrow I could see the best game I'll ever see"
Isn't that a cool thought - tomorrow could be the best day we'll ever have, so make today as good as it can be and wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: