Monday, September 13, 2010

Patti Digh is Amazing!

I first became acquainted with Patti when I discovered her blog, 37 days.
The premise is based o the idea that if you knew you only had 37 days left to live how would you spend them.
Her blog continually celebrates life and the concept of treasuring each day we have.

I've subsequently come to know her better since being her Facebook friend. I've delighted in her posts on such varied topics as sending her daughter off to college, the joys and woes of kindergarten, the challenge of learning to knit, the trials of frequent travel and her obsession with Johnny Depp.

I savored her first book, Life is a Verb



and preordered 4 Word Self Help the minute I heard about it.

Actually 4 Word Self Help, Simple Wisdom for Complex Lives, is the reason for this post.



It is simple, but it's simplicity is part of its charm.
Open at random to any page and you'll be greeted by a 4 word phrase that will be good advice. After reading it in its entirety I found myself reducing my communication to 4 words and it's quite fun, not to mention energy saving.
The 4 word phrases are intriguing, but what's even more enticing to me is the accompanying art work. Before publishing Patti sends out invitations to artists to submit art to illustrate her words. I love the idea of giving artists, some well-known, others not so much, an opportunity to be published.
My dear friend, Davi's Princess Magpie work will be included in Patti's next book, Creative is a Verb.



Needless to say, I've already placed an order.

I do hope you join me in the pleasure to be derived from reading Patti's books.
Perhaps one day I'll be fortunate to have a piece in one of them.

No comments: