Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Challenge for the New Year






sock knitting.
i've been obsessed with the idea since seeing so many gorgeous hand knit socks on people's blogs. Surely I can do this.
About 30 years ago I made a pair of socks for Rod and swore I'd never do it again, but techniques and yarn have changed.
Thanks to Rosie for the Amazon certificate. I just ordered two books, both rated 5*s, that say I can do it! Can't wait till they come and I can head off to Common Threads for some funky yarn. Don't worry, Susie, I'll try to be strong and finish your promised scarf before I cast on. wish me luck!
Oh and don't remind me of the yarn I bought for a sweater when Katie was 6 weeks old and finished it 8 years later. To my credit though, I do still wear it 30 years later.

No comments: